Node Js Web Application Framework
Why learn Node.js?
After the completion of the Node.js training at Edureka, you will be able to:
1. Understand Node.js and what makes it so popular
2. Build applications using Express Framework
3. Master the use of Node Package Manager (NPM)
4. Deploy applications to Heroku
5. Work with different template engines e.g. EJS, Jade and Handlebars
6. Create Web Applications with Express using MongoDB
7. Learn how to use hosted MongoDB provided by MongoLab
8. Hash passwords using bcrypt, handle authentication and logout functionality
9. Deploy Express and MongoDB application to Heroku
10. Set a custom domain for your Heroku deployed applications by purchasing custom domain from GoDadddy
11. Build realtime chat application using Socket IO
12. Learn how to use build systems e.g. Grunt and Gulp
13. Test Your code using Mocha and Chai
14. Get started with Hapi and Meteor and understand when to use one over other
Learning Objectives – In this module you will learn what is Node.js and what makes Node.js so popular. You will also learn how to use Node Package Manager (NPM), ExpressJS Framework and we will create a ExpressJS application and deploy it to Heroku. We will also see how to use Nodemon.
Topics – What is NodeJS, Installing NodeJS, Node Package Manager (NPM), ExpressJS Framework, Building first Node App using Express, Pushing code to GitHub, Deploying application to Heroku, Using Nodemon.