What is PostgreSQL ?
- PostgreSQL is an advanced, enterprise class open source relational database that supports both SQL (relational) and JSON (non-relational) querying. It is a highly stable database management system, backed by more than 20 years of community development which has contributed to its high levels of resilience, integrity, and correctness.
- PostgreSQL is used as the primary data store or data warehouse for many web, mobile, geospatial, and analytics applications. The latest major version is PostgreSQL 12.
Brief History of PostgreSQL
- INGRES was developed-1977
- Michael Stonebraker and his colleagues developed Postgres- 1986
- Support for real ACID and PL/pgSQL – 1990
- Released as Postgres95 in -1995
- Re-released Postgres95 as PostgreSQL 6.0 – 1996
- MVCC, GUC, Join syntax Controls and Procedural Language Loader added- 1998-2001
- Version 7.2 to 8.2: Included features like Schema support, Nonblocking VACUUM, Roles and dblink – 2002-2006
- PostgreSQL 8.4 released in 2009
- PostgreSQL 9.0 released in 2010
- NYCPUG (New York City PostgreSQL User Group) joins PgUS (United States PostgreSQL association)- 2013
- PGconf organised-2014
- Free to download
- Compatible on several operation systems
- Compatible with various programming languages
- Compatible with Data Integrity
- Support multiple features of SQL
- Compatible with multiple data types
- Highly extensible
- Highly Reliable
3 Reasons To Choose Victory Infotech for PostgreSQL
- Experts with experience of 1 to 10+ year
- Smooth Resource Transitions
- On boarding in less than 24 hours
- For years Vicrory Infotech is well-regarded for providing top-tier services as an PostgreSQL Services Provider company.
Our Other Database Services