What is SQLite?
- SQLite is an in-process library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine. It is a database, which is zero-configured, which means like other databases you do not need to configure it in your system.
- SQLite engine is not a standalone process like other databases, you can link it statically or dynamically as per your requirement with your application. SQLite accesses its storage files directly.
History of SQLite
- Hipp and his team creating a simple embedded SQL database in January 2000, that would use for GNU DBM B-Tree library (gdbm) as a back-end, that would not require for any installation or administrative support whatsoever. in August 2000, SQLite 1.0 was released.
- SQLite version 2to3 upgrade in 2004. SQLite primary goal was enhanced internationalization support for UTF-8 and UTF-16 text. In 2011 Hipp announced to add UNQI interface to SQLite DB and to develop UNQLite.
Why to use SQLite ?
- SQLite is totally free
- SQLite is serverless
- SQLite is very flexible
- Configuration Not Required
- SQLite is a cross-platform DBMS
- Storing data is easy
- Variable length of columns
- Provide large number of API’s
3 Reasons To Choose Victory Infotech for SQLite
- Experts with experience of 1 to 10+ year
- Smooth Resource Transitions
- On boarding in less than 24 hours
- For years Vicrory Infotech is well-regarded for providing top-tier services as an SQLite Services provider company.